We offer English-Romanian interpreting services for various events: weddings, business meetings, negotiations, workshops, classes, seminars, media events, etc.
Interpreting Services – What to Expect
It all starts with you contacting us. We schedule your interpretation and we ensure that we get to the specified location on time and that the required equipment is in perfect working order.
During the interpreting session, our task is to ensure that the beneficiary fully understands the consequences of their actions (e.g. signing a notarized document). This is why, should your event last longer than expected, we usually accept requests to stay as long as necessary.
Based on your requirements, we offer the following types of interpreting:
- Simultaneous Interpreting – we translate the message from the source language to the target language in real-time (as you speak).
- Consecutive Interpreting – we translate the message from the source language to the target language after you finish speaking a few sentences.
- Remote Interpreting – interpretation services via telephone or other electronic means.
The interpreter typically works from a sound-proofed booth. In the conference room, the speaker talks into a microphone, and the interpreter listens through headphones and translates in real-time into a microphone. The participants in the conference room are provided with headphones and devices that wirelessly transmit the interpretation. Alternatively, the interpreter can whisper the translation to the beneficiary (chuchotage).
The interpreter listens to the speaker and only begins to interpret once the speaker pauses. They typically refer to notes taken during the speech they are interpreting or relies on memory for short segments. Consecutinve intepreting is requested less often than simultaneous interpreting, but it remains useful for certain types of reunions (e.g. reunions with a small number of participants or field trips).
Other related services:
- Notarization (at any Notary Public in Cluj-Napoca).
- Express translation services, so that your documents are ready when you need them.
- Sworn translations in the English-Romanian language pair.